Monday, March 7, 2011

August 16th.

August 16.... you'll notice I put up a countdown on this blog. ...I'm not excited or anything. ;-)

Life is interesting that way... Sometimes you anxiously anticipate something so much that it feels like it will never, ever come. But then the closer it actually gets, the more okay you actually are with being patient and waiting.

Granted, I do have a countdown on my blog...so maybe that's not all that patient. Haha! But really...I'm grateful. Grateful that my patience has been tested. Grateful that I've had the opportunity and the blessing to grow on my own. Grateful for the experiences it has put me through - both the good and the bad. Grateful that I am who I am today because I've had to learn patience.

The saying goes that the best things in life are worth waiting for. I'm a firm believer in that. :)

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me almost tear up:) Miss you Bre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too Katie! Seriously...I miss you and your kids a lot. :( (ehh...I guess I miss Andy too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the counter...I need to put one up somewhere too. When read that little one-line email last night I freaked out! I cannot wait for him to be home! I'm sooooo glad he is going to be around for Presque Isle. I'm also glad he will have a month before heading out to school to be able to spend time with Dad and Mom. They need it. And I'm just putting it out there that our little surprise better not arrive early because I am NOT going to miss Presque Isle and the kid-free zone!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night before bed Kaleb and could not stop saying can you believe it is less than five months until he is home? Five months? 24 seemed like too long...but five months? Awesome.

    PS...missing Andy is a result of Stockholm Syndrome...nothing more! ;)

    ReplyDelete